ASUS Chromebook Flip C302CA-DHM4 Review
If you’re in the market for a versatile laptop, you should check out what the ASUS Chromebook Flip C302CA-DHM4 has to offer. Capable of transforming into a tablet with its flexible 360-degree hinge, you get two for the price of one. It’s a great deal you should not pass up. The device also comes with some great features that just might convince you to buy this baby than something else.
Sleek, elegant and convertible, the ASUS Chromebook Flip C302CA-DHM4 makes for a fancy laptop. Made with an aluminum metal body, it looks as sophisticated as other devices made entirely or mostly of metal. It is also extremely lightweight. At 12 x 8.3 x 0.5 inches, it surprisingly weighs only 2.65 lbs.
The 360-degree hinge allows you to flip the screen area all the way back until it converts into a tablet. Flip it halfway through and you can use the device in stand and tent modes. The 12.5” Full-HD touchscreen then becomes your input device in tablet, stand and tent modes.
The ASUS Chromebook Flip C302CA-DHM4 boasts of a larger viewing screen, full-size, one-piece chiclet keyboard for comfortable typing, longer battery life, next gen port configuration, and several built-in security features.
One of the highlights of the ASUS Chromebook Flip C302CA-DHM4 is its boot-up time of 3.5 seconds, which is lightning fast by most people’s standards. When you’re in a hurry or on the go, a quick boot can make a huge difference. With 4GB RAM and a battery life that lasts for up to 10 hours, depending on usage type, you can use all apps and games to their full potential.
Like most Chromebooks, however, this device only has a limited storage. But even with only 64GB of storage capacity, the fact that it uses a flash storage contributes to a high-performance laptop. After all, a flash storage gets an equipment up and running in seconds and can handle larger workloads quicker than other devices.
When it comes to online connectivity, this equipment uses the 802.11ac Wi-Fi that is much faster than the 802.11n. The Bluetooth 4.0, USB 3.1 Type-C, and the built-in anti-virus and automatic update feature all contribute to a high-performing laptop.
The ASUS Chromebook Flip C302CA-DHM4 uses an Intel HD Graphics 515 card that is not exactly crazy good but not bad either. When tested using Google Octane, JetStream, and when streaming video playback, it proved to be better than other laptops. In fact, it ranked second to the Acer Chromebook R 13 during video playback test and leaves behind Samsung Chromebook Pro and Lenovo ThinkPad 13 Chromebook.
Pros and Cons of ASUS Chromebook Flip C302CA-DHM4
- It looks like a premium laptop at a competitive price with its sleek aluminum body and full-size keyboard.
- Weighing only 2.5 lbs, it is the perfect machine for people on the go and for those looking for portability without the display limitation.
- Full HD, with a high resolution of 1920 x 1080 on a 12.5-inch screen makes for a larger and clearer display.
- Limited storage capacity at only 64GB. Even with Free Google Drive storage of 100 GB for a 2-year period, it would not be enough to store all the apps and games you need and want.
- Its legacy connections would require adapters that can be quite inconvenient. The USB-C port doesn’t even support Thunderbolt.
- Compared with other Chromebooks, this particular model is pricier.
The ASUS Chromebook Flip C302CA-DHM4 offers great value with its support for Google Play apps, hybrid hinge, and wide touchscreen. Its price point is just right for the features it brings.