Pros and Cons of Asus Zenbook UX305FA Laptop
The Pros – ASUS Zenbook UX305FA
- The first most noticeable aspect of the Zenbook is the matte screen. It is a step away from the glossy screen trend and the result is a bright display with great outdoor visibility.
- In terms of display, the maximum screen resolution being 1080 pixels is fantastic for watching videos as well as working with word documents.
- The keyboard is spacious and comfortable to type on. Users can get accustomed to typing on it almost immediately.
- The responsive track pad doesn’t make much of a noise on clicking. Gestures like scrolling and zooming can be used smoothly.
- With its super thin aluminium body, the laptop weighs 2.6 pounds, offering easy portability. It can be carried around to class or to office without making the bag too heavy.
- Those who are accustomed to multi-tasking will be delighted to find that the system doesn’t slow down even when several tabs and videos are open and running at the same time.
- In addition, daily users will find that the battery life is good enough for prolonged use.
- The Zenbook is a cost effective purchase. It is surprisingly affordable, making it a good purchase for those shopping on a budget.
The Cons – ASUS Zenbook UX305FA
- The absence of a touch or backlit keyboard option is one of the most obvious drawbacks.
- The speakers are not loud enough, making it necessary for users to buy external speakers or use a pair of headphones.
- The touch pad could have been better in terms of texture. Also, the right and left keys have limited travel.
- A minor limitation is the accuracy issues with the display. The colors on the screen appear dull in videos although it doesn’t impact images.
- The operating temperature increases with the load. The Zenbook heats up at the rear rendering it unfit for lap use.
Full Specs – ASUS Zenbook UX305FA Laptop
|Item model number||UX305FA-ASM1|
|Operating System||Windows 8.1|
|Item Weight||2.5 pounds|
|Item Dimensions L x W x H||12.80 x 8.90 x 0.50 inches|
|Flash Memory Size||256|
|Hard Drive Interface||Solid State|
|Batteries:||1 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)|
|Screen Size||13.3 inches|
|Max Screen Resolution||1920*1080 pixels|
|RAM||8 GB DDR3|
|Hard Drive||256GB Solid State|
|Graphics Coprocessor||Intel Integrated Graphics|
|Wireless Type||802.11 a/b/g/n|
|Number of USB 3.0 Ports||3|
Overall, ASUS Zenbook UX305FA is a budget ultrabook that exceeds consumer expectations. It performs well for a laptop from an affordable price range. The competitive selling price is by far the biggest attraction of the product. It offers easy portability for users who carry their laptops outdoors. It is a well-built product that packs in good battery life and load bearing capacity and its stylish design wraps it up in a neat little bow. While it may have limitations in terms of the audio, it can be easily said that the speakers are perfectly capable when compared to speakers of other laptops. All in all, the Zenbook is a budget buy and a great option that meets the average computer user’s requirements of -web browsing, watching videos and light office work.