Pros and Cons of ASUS Transformer T300CHI-F1-DB Laptop
The Pros – ASUS Transformer T300CHI-F1-DB
- The screen comes with an IPS display. IPS displays offer much more accurate colors.
- Additionally, the screen has very wide viewing angles. This particular screen has 178 degree viewing angle.
- The screen resolution, at 1920×1080p makes images on the screen appear much sharper and clearer. The high pixel density increases the laptop’s capacity for multi-tasking, as users can fit more on the screen at the same time.
- The detachable keyboard is a flexible feature offering usage modes including tablet and tent mode.
- This Asus model comes with a quiet fan-less Intel Core M processor. So, fan noise will never be a problem with this laptop.
- The specifications include 8 hours of battery life. Users will be delighted to find that the claim holds true as the laptop runs almost throughout the day.
- The processor is sufficient for office applications, internet surfing and other multimedia purposes along with more demanding applications.
- It also comes with a 128 GB SSD which offers snappy performance and quick boot time.
- Weighing just 3.2 pounds, it is extremely portable.
- The laptop gets warm on load and not hot like most models.
The Cons – ASUS Transformer T300CHI-F1-DB
- The 2MP front camera is just average.
- The 4 GB RAM is not meant for heavy multitasking.
- The HD or memory cannot be upgraded. Some users may look at this as a major limitation. However, there is enough space on the SSD for all the functions a 2-in-1 laptop is expected to handle.
- There is a slight time lag on switching on the laptop as it may take a while for it to recognize the keyboard. This can be seen as more of a minor limitation.
- The exterior of the laptop catches fingerprints pretty easily.
- Regardless of the weight and the slim exterior, as a tablet, it is still quite large.
Full Specs – ASUS Transformer T300CHI-F1-DB
|Item model number||T300CHI-F1-DB|
|Operating System||Windows 8.1|
|Item Weight||3.2 pounds|
|Item Dimensions L x W x H||12.05 x 7.05 x 0.50 inches|
|Flash Memory Size||128.0|
|Batteries:||1 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)|
|Screen Size||12.5 inches|
|Max Screen Resolution||1920*1080 pixels|
|RAM||4 GB DDR3|
|Hard Drive||128 GB|
|Graphics Coprocessor||Intel HD|
|Wireless Type||802.11 a/b/g/n|
|Number of USB 3.0 Ports||1|
|Average Battery Life (in hours)||8 hours|
Overall, the ASUS Transformer T300CHI-F1-DB offers the best of both worlds. It gives users the power and functionality of a windows machine as well as the ease and flexibility of a tablet. This model is sleek as well as solid and the visual appeal itself is a selling point. While heavy multitasking is not the strong suit of this laptop, those advantages aren’t expected from a 2-in-1 model. With a great screen, easy to use modes and portability, users get the advantage of an all-in-one product that can be carried around easily. The laptop is quiet and doesn’t heat up, making it ideal for lap use. Users who use laptops for internet surfing with multiple tabs on, watching videos and office application use will find this a valuable purchase.