With the ASUS ROG G751JL-WH71(WX), you will enjoy an unbeatable mobile gaming experience. It offers high performance with its great features, including a 5th-gen Intel Core i7 processor, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 965M GPU, ASUS TurboMaster technology and an optimized dual-fan cooling system. Booting games and recording game plays have never been easier with this new laptop.
The ASUS ROG G751JL-WH71(WX) retains the classic stealthy F-22 Raptor-inspired lines that are found on previous G Series laptops, but this time, it sports an aluminum finish with an illuminated Asus Republic of Gamers (ROG) logo. With a 178-degree wide-view angle display and anti-glare coating, be prepared to be immersed in full-HD gaming.
This Asus gaming laptop also has a seamless one-piece backlit keyboard with long travel keys for instant response, which is great to use even after extended sessions. The brightness of the red keyboard backlight can also be adjusted any time for maximum visibility when playing games any time anywhere. Also, this laptop features quick-access game keys and additional programmable macro keys that make access to Steam, game recording and commands easier.
The G751 also achieves low temperatures thanks to its architecture that quietly expels heat through the back (away from you), so you can focus on what you are doing.
Armed with the latest 5th-generation Intel Core i7 processor, the ASUS G751JL-WH71(WX) sets new benchmarks for powerful performance, which means that you will never have to slow down with this laptop. Using an upgraded intelligent cooling system, it assures you of stability and low temperatures even when overclocking. Its dual independent GPU and CPU fans adjust to the needs of each component and work with copper heat sinks to offer maximum cooling efficiency.
This laptop’s Intel Thunderbolt technology offers ultra-fast graphics and data transmission through a single connection, while its GameFirst III feature optimizes networks to give you a lag-free and smooth online gameplay, as it prioritizes game packets and allocates more bandwidth for games. You gaming experience is even made better with ASUS TurboMaster technology, which supports real-time GPU overclocking to provide you a boost in performance of more than 5%. With an upgraded PCB design, a dedicated 3-phase GPU power design and upgraded Tantalum capacitors, the G751 ensures a stable power supply.
Moreover, this laptop from Asus is future-ready, as it already supports 4K2K HDMI output, which means that you can now connect to high-resolution screens that go far beyond the 1080p systems of today. And with Trinity Display Technology, you can simultaneously output graphics to 3 displays, so you can browse the web, watch a movie and play a game all at once.
Pros and Cons of ASUS ROG G751JL-WH71(WX) Laptop
The Pros – ASUS ROG G751JL-WH71(WX)
- Like most Asus laptops, this one comes with a strong well-built body. It is a great combination of metal accents with matte plastic.
- The maximum screen resolution is 1920*1080 pixels which allow gamers to enjoy good visual graphics while gaming.
- Additionally, the color accuracy on the screen is pretty good. The screen is able to deliver dark, deep hues without making them appear faded.
- The keyboard is large with well-placed keys. It has been designed to offer more travel and it is backlit.
- In terms of performance, this laptop does pretty well with the Nvidia GeForce GTX 965M graphics card. Paired with the powerful Intel Core i7-4720HQ processor it has enough power to take on almost any modern game.
- Added to the processor and GPU is a memory system comprised of 16GB DDR3 Ram space.
- A major relief is the absence of any heating issues. While most laptops tend to get heated pretty easily due to heavy gaming, this one boasts of an intelligent thermal design and manages to stay cool even on load. This is a major plus point for gamers who prefer lap use.
- This laptop is very quiet even when demanding games and software is used.
- The speakers are good for gaming. Most users will not need to rely on headsets.
The Cons – ASUS ROG G751JL-WH71(WX)
- Like most gaming laptops this model too doesn’t offer a long battery life. However, this laptop’s battery lasts four hours when not in use and as low as two hours when put to use for gaming which is even lower than the average gaming laptop.
- It comes with a lot of Bloatware and most of it isn’t very useful.
- This model is a lot heavier and thicker compared to other gaming laptops in it range.
Full Specs – ASUS ROG G751JL-WH71(WX)
|Item model number||G751JL-WH71(WX)|
|Operating System||Windows 10|
|Item Weight||8.4 pounds|
|Item Dimensions L x W x H||12.50 x 16.40 x 1.70 inches|
|Hard Drive Rotational Speed||5400 RPM|
|Optical Drive Type||DL DVD±RW/CD-RW|
|Screen Size||17.3 inches|
|Max Screen Resolution||1920*1080 pixels|
|Processor||2.6 GHz Core i7-4720HQ|
|RAM||16 GB DDR3|
|Hard Drive||1024 GB|
|Graphics Coprocessor||NVIDIA GTX965M 2GB GDDR5|
|Wireless Type||802.11 A/C|
|Number of USB 3.0 Ports||4|
The ASUS ROG G751JL-WH71(WX) laptop can be simply described as an old school laptop. It is big and sturdy, designed to take the heavy load a gaming laptop is generally expected to take on. It offers impressive performance and several ports. Since Asus has put a competitive price on this model, it focuses more on specs that are primary and most important to a gaming laptop. It covers aspects like storage, screen quality, keyboard along with GPU and processor performance. This model is for gamers who wish to play heavy duty games on a budget. Its minor limitations like the size and weight can easily be overlooked by buyers who aren’t necessarily looking for a slicker model.