Pros and Cons of ASUS Chromebook Flip
The Pros – ASUS Chromebook Flip
- The Chromebook comes with an aluminium finish to the lid and body which is very classy and the overall build quality is great.
- It can be easily flipped around and used as a tablet or on tent mode.
- On the keyboard, the keys are nicely placed and the otherwise small size doesn’t feel too cramped for typing.
- The touchpad offers fast gesture and scrolling responses.
- The touchscreen is smooth and users will find themselves using the screen rather than the touch pad. It is quick and responsive just as a tablet would be.
- Using the Chromebook in the tablet mode is easy as the keyboard effectively gets disabled when it is flipped.
- Asus offers this Chromebook in 2GB and 4GB RAM. Both models are pretty quick and snappy even when multiple tabs are on.
- The Chromebook is a budget buy for users who want a laptop that can just handle basic programmes, web browsing and office applications.
- Asus promises 9 hours of battery life and holds true to this claim in practice.
- The price on this product is the biggest attraction. It is very reasonable and is perfect for buyers who are looking for moderate laptop functions on a budget.
The Cons – ASUS Chromebook Flip
- The resolution set at 1280*800 pixels may disappoint some users. However, the display is good enough for a Chromebook of this price range.
- Also, the screen can look pretty dull. At its brightest, the screen still looks like it is on a lower brightness setting. It may get a little hard to see things on the screen when taken outdoors due to the natural light.
- The screen picks up finger prints or grease from the fingers very easily.
- On load, the Chromebook may go through some technical glitches and the screen may go blank for about a second. Picking the 4 GB model is a good option for those who want to avoid the glitch.
Full Specs – ASUS Chromebook Flip
|Item model number||C100PA-DB02|
|Operating System||Chrome OS|
|Item Weight||2 pounds|
|Item Dimensions L x W x H||7.20 x 10.40 x 0.60 inches|
|Flash Memory Size||16.0|
|Optical Drive Type||No|
|Batteries:||1 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)|
|Screen Size||10.1 inches|
|Screen Resolution||1280 x 800|
|Max Screen Resolution||1280*800 pixels|
|Processor||1.8 GHz Rockchip RK3288|
|RAM||4 GB DDR3|
|Hard Drive||0 GB|
|Wireless Type||802.11 A/C|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||2|
Overall, With this model Asus proves that a cheaper product doesn’t necessarily compromise on quality. The Chromebook has some great hardware that would usually be found on a pricey product. It handles a lot of moderately demanding applications with great ease. With just 20$ more, buyers can choose to get the 4GB version and get more storage space as compared to the 2GB model. The ASUS Chromebook Flip is an inexpensive purchase for buyers who are looking for a product that can be used for basic notebook or laptop functions. It is also lightweight making it perfect to carry along on the commute.