ASUS is known for making high-quality laptops and notebooks. This time, we will take a closer look at the ASUS X555DA-WS11, which is a notebook 2016 that uses AMD’s quad core processor and a huge hard drive. As this model belongs to the ASUS X Series, it is expected to provide you with all the computing essentials in a laptop that sports a tactile finish and a premium feel.
This laptop from ASUS comes with a stylish finish and various colors to choose from, so you can express your personal style through it. It is designed with a full-size, one-piece keyboard, which was tested to be durable enough to last 10 million keystrokes and features an improved back-assembled design with 1.6 millimeters of key travel and a minimal key float to give you a solid feel and a more comfortable typing experience. As you can see, this keyboard is ergonomically designed and carefully tuned to offer increased key response, as well as optimal keyboard force and stroke, which means that you will stay comfortable even when typing for long periods. The X555DA-WS11 also features a multi-point touchpad that uses the ASUS Smart Gesture technology, which gives you a more natural and intuitive fingertip-input experience.
Like other ASUS notebooks, the X555DA-WS11 also features the ASUS IceCool Technology, which addresses uncomfortable heat issues by preventing heat build-up under the palm rest, keeping a temperature range of between 28 to 35 degrees Celsius.
Notebooks belonging to the ASUS X Series are powered by Intel or AMD processors for responsive and smooth performance. As for the X555, it is powered by a Quad Core AMD A10 Processor, making it a perfect multimedia laptop, along with a generous 8GB RAM that speeds things up even further and gives you more headroom to open up all your apps and documents without experiencing slowdowns.
This Asus laptop also features a comprehensive set of ports, including USB 3.0, HDMI, VGA and a 3-in-1 SD/SDHC/SDXC card reader, as well as other connectivity options to ensure compatibility with any type of external peripherals and devices.
While other laptops only feature small on-board speakers that would often generate a single-source audio that lacks distinctiveness, the X555DA-WS11 uses the ASUS SonicMaster and AudioWizard technologies to deliver high-fidelity and omni-directional sounds, so you can immerse yourself in music in a way that it is supposed to be heard.
Moreover, this member of the ASUS X Series features a 2-second instant resume, giving you smartphone-like response times, where you can go from sleep mode to working on documents or web surfing in a jiffy. It also offers an array of optimized power modes to give you the most life out of its battery, even having the capability to remain in standby mode for an incredible period of 2 weeks. What’s more, you will not even lose data during such standby time, as the device automatically backs up when the battery level drops at a certain level.
Developed by the ASUS Golden Eye team, the X555DA-WS11 uses the exclusive ASUS Splendid technology to give you accurate, brilliant and vibrant colors, as well as color temperatures, by fine-tuning various display parameters and settings. Basically, this laptop features 4 different graphics settings to suit whatever is on screen, ensuring you will only get the best visuals and graphics, whether you are watching videos or browsing through your photos.
Pros and Cons
- With a 1 TB hard drive, the laptop is noticeably faster in load time and generally quite snappy. It would become even faster when you use the SSD hard drive.
- The charger cord is light-weight and quite small compared to other chargers, box chargers in particular, and it does not pull on the charging port.
- Its screen is pretty nice in HD quality.
- It has plenty of connectivity ports, which means that you will not have problems connecting the laptop to other external devices.
- The overall set up of this laptop is pretty quick and easy, not to mention that this computer is not loaded with useless apps upon arrival. As you can see, other laptops already contain apps that you would not use for your daily computing needs.
- The keyboard of this ASUS laptop looks kind of cheap and it does not have a backlight, so it is nothing really special.
- Its overall exterior is plastic and fairly rugged.
- As far as angles and viewing is concerned, the screen of this laptop is not the best, though this would not bother you at all as long as you are viewing the screen straight on.
- While the graphics card on this laptop is OK, it is not awesome, especially if you are into gaming.
- The charger cord is just 4 feet long, which can be fairly short, and while the charging time is quick, the battery life is not that long, where it can drain for just a couple hours depending on the tasks that you are working on. Moreover, when you need to replace the battery, you would need a professional to do it.
- Playing games is not the best experience on this laptop, as it does not feature a dedicated graphics card, but rather an integrated chip called Radeon R6. Though it is not the worst integrated unit, it is still slow compared with real cards. On a low resolution and setting, you will just get around 30 FPS on games, such as Battlefield 4 and GTA 5, though playing games, such as Counter-Strike: Go, Starcraft 2 and other Steam-based games, is not an issue.
All in all, you would like the ASUS X555DA-WS11, with performance that is uniquely accentuated by AMD; design and other features being all above average; and a feel that is well-constructed and nice. This laptop would cover all the basics, making it the ideal choice for all your computing needs. So, if you are looking for a notebook today, this one would be a great choice.