The ASUS F554 Laptop is considered the ultimate all-purpose computer that keeps up with some of the most powerful laptops on the market. With an Intel Core i5 processor, however, it is a step lower than the models with Intel Core i7 processor. Still, the machine is ideal for daily productivity and office use.
This laptop features a small, compact build weighing less than 5 lbs, even with a screen size of over 15 inches. It looks and feels very modern, with the body’s textured finish and matte interior. It comes with a built-in webcam with digital microphone and all its I/O ports are strategically located for convenient and easy access. With a full-sized chiclet keyboard and well-designed trackpad, working with this machine is a breeze. Some people, however, are not blown away with the lack of more tactile left and right buttons on the trackpad, requiring them to look down to ensure they press click and not right click.
The ASUS F554 5th generation Intel Core i5-5200U processor, 4 GB SD RAM and 500 GB hard drive all combined to provide a decent performance. It may not be a gaming machine, but it allows for multitasking with several windows and browsers without causing the machine to slow down. It starts up very quickly and wakes up just as fast. Switching from one application to another doesn’t show any glitch either. How fast this computer goes, however, will depend on the kind of application you run. Any program that will consume a lot of processor power, might show the laptop’s limitation in terms of performance.
Intel HD Graphics 5500 along with 1366 x 768 resolution combines to deliver an output in great detail. Watch a movie or play games with rich, clear display. The Intel Integrated Graphics also consumes less power, while providing high-end graphics performance. With LED-Backlit display and HD resolution, this machine offers great viewing experience.
Full Specs – ASUS F554
|Item Weight||4.9 pounds|
|Item Dimensions L x W x H||15 x 10.10 x 1 inches|
|Computer Memory Type||DDR3 SDRAM|
|Screen Size||15.6 inches|
|Max Screen Resolution||1366 x 768|
|Processor||2.2 GHz Intel Core i5|
|RAM||4 GB DDR3 SDRAM|
|Hard Drive||500 GB HDD 5400 rpm|
|Graphics Coprocessor||Intel Integrated Graphics|
|Wireless Type||802.11bgn, Bluetooth|
Pros and Cons of ASUS F554 Laptop
- It has a great price point given its hardware features.
- The laptop comes with a USB 3.0 port that maximizes high-speed devices.
- It allows several windows to be opened simultaneously or two documents to be viewed side by side.
- RAM is upgradable to 8 GB.
- It has a responsive touchpad and keyboard.
- It is very lightweight given its screen size. It is very comfortable to carry around.
- It comes with a SuperMulti Drive DVD that reads and write different media formats – CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, and DVD+R/RW.
- Heat output is minimal, and can be used for up to 3 hours on your lap without getting hot.
- The graphics may be better than the rest, but it is still considered a basic graphics card. The laptop could have used something better.
- It comes with several bloatware.
ASUS F554 Laptop is great, depending on how you intend to use it. For daily productivity use, it gives good value for money. It is one investment you can boast about. But if you need to use heavy-applications that require higher processor power, you might want to choose something else.